Why are people leaving California and New York to move to the small-town life in Tennessee? The area is becoming a popular destination for large companies to move to. With Amazon, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Alliance Bernstein, EY, Smile Direct and Pilot bringing 10,000 new jobs the whole area is booming with opportunity. Why the Nashville Area and specifically the hidden gem of Franklin?'
1. Value, give yourself a raise. Tennessee is a no income tax state. Leaving California or New York is like getting an 8-12% salary increase plus significantly lower costs of housing. That coupled with historically low interest rates and your existing equity buys you a dream house in Franklin, TN.
2. World Class Entertainment and Southern Charm. Nashville is the Music City and home to an incredibly diverse live music scene, a short 20 minutes away is Franklin, a picture postcard town that Money Magazine rated the #4 place to live in the USA. The best of both worlds.
3. Professional sports are 20 minutes away. Nashville Predators, Tennessee Titans, Nashville SC and great college sports. Uber or Lyft your way to great food, drink and fun.
4. Best in class medical facilities surround you, Vanderbilt Medical Center, Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, Williamson County Medical Center, Columbia Centennial Medical Center and Baptist Hospital.
5. Opportunity. Big Industry, Amazon, Nissan, Mars, Mitsubishi, Schneider Electric, Facebook and many others say it is the combination of Geography, Talent and Community Feel that is drawing them here.
6. Quality of life. Small town feel and a quick drive to the breath-taking nature with Percy Warner Park, Percy Priest Lake, Botanical Gardens at Cheekwood. Great mountains, waterfalls, and lakes nearby.
7. Access to the world. Nashville International Airport: a central location, small town feel and a recent $232 million dollar, 115,000 square foot concourse improvement makes waiting for a flight enjoyable with live music, local cuisine and bars.
8. Bang for the buck housing. Average home in Franklin is $205 per square foot compared to Los Angeles with a $551 per square foot and NYC with a whomping $660 per square foot. Spend less, enjoy more.
9. Diversity. Everyone is welcome. More than 140 languages are spoken in Nashville Metro Schools with 30% of the students speaking a language other than English at home. The Global Education Center has been around for 20 years offering multicultural and diverse programs that promote global awareness primarily through the arts.
10. Hometown feel and diverse culture. Walking the Main Street in Franklin takes you back to a simpler time. Quirky, classic and fun. A great place to raise a family with Williamson County Schools ranked #1 in the nation by Schooldigger.com and other rating organizations. Top colleges including Vanderbilt University, Vanderbilt Medical School, Belmont University, Lipscomb University, Fisk University and Watkins College of Art offering higher education in a small-town environment.
These are just a few reasons to move to Tennessee. It’s time to start to explore your own reasons. After living in New York City, Chicago, and Ft. Lauderdale people ask me if I have any regrets in moving to Franklin Tennessee and I say, “yes I do” — that I didn’t do it sooner!
At The Garrett Company, we focus on delivering the highest level of real estate brokerage services to our clients. We emphasize quality over quantity - we're small on purpose.
James Gurulé Affiliate Broker 615-664-7110 (cell) / firstname.lastname@example.org